TPL 2019 is India’s top IT strategy contest in which fifty (50) select corporate teams grapple
with a set of realistic business situations—and formulate solutions for identified challenges. The
event is conducted over two days, and involves strategic thinking, teamwork, analytical and
problem-solving skills while working within a series of constraints. All participating teams will need
to present to—and persuade—an independent jury to win the competition.
Like in real life, all participating teams will encounter practical business scenarios, information
overload, complex alternatives and trade-offs, and dramatic situation changes. The pressure is
intense—and the challenge is to come up with a winning solution.
Over two days all participants will have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge about new and
interesting technologies, interact with top technology consultants, hone problem solving skills and
practice teamwork. They will get new perspectives on problems, learn about innovative approaches,
and gain new insights into the thinking styles of senior executives—and built new relationships with
peers across organizations. TPL 2019 is a great way for IT managers to prepare themselves for bigger
roles and enhanced responsibilities.
This by-invitation* competition has NO participation fee.
*The organizers reserve the right to restrict or otherwise limit the participation of teams based on
specific qualifying criteria.
THE TPL 2019 PROCESS
- The TPL 2019 contest will be conducted over two days in Delhi-NCR, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
- All teams intending to participate in the TPL 2019 competition must complete the application form here.
- Each city competition will feature a maximum of 50 enterprise IT teams.
- Every team must represent a distinct company operating out of India.
- Each team must comprise 4 members. The team must be led by the CIO (or equivalent), and have a maximum of three other members.
- All team members must have a manager or equivalent designation, with 5+ years of full-time work experience. Team members with junior designations will not be allowed to participate.
- All team members must be full-time employees of the organization, or equivalent. In-sourced IT staff, 3rd party consultants, advisors, etc., are not eligible to represent the organization in TPL 2019.
- The team can include people from functions like IT planning, IT strategy & operations, databases, application development & support, MIS, etc. However, the TPL 2019 competition is NOT open to professionals in IT business development, IT marketing, IT consulting or software development roles, particularly from ITES organizations.
- Only one team from an organization will be allowed to participate in the TPL 2019 competition across the three cities.
- Teams will be permitted to substitute team members on the day of the competition, but not after the competition has commenced or during the event. The substitute team member must meet the eligibility conditions listed above.
Terms & Conditions
By registering on this site and/or submitting an application for the TPL 2019, you agree that:
- TPL 2019 is the initiative and sole property of 9.9 Group.
- The TPL 2019 will be organized on dates decided and intimated by 9.9 Group, and that the 9.9 Group reserves the right to modify, cancel, discontinue or terminate the TPL 2019 at any time, or to accept or reject any or all entries at its absolute discretion without giving any prior notice, and without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- Decisions made by 9.9 Group regarding the eligibility conditions, administration and conduct of the program and competition, rules & regulations, etc., will be final and binding on all applicants and program participants.
- All shortlisted teams/participants for the TPL 2019 will be intimated at the email address and/or contact number provided. 9.9 Group reserves the right to terminate a team's registration at any time if the information provided, including the e-mail address and mobile phone number, is no longer current or accurate.
- The 9.9 Group, in consultation with the TPL 2019 sponsors, reserves the absolute right to shortlist and qualify teams using any criteria it deems fit, without disclosing or making public the criteria or schemes used.
- The content, methods, techniques and processes made available during the TPL 2019 program are the sole property of 9.9 Group and that its partners, and is protected by applicable copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patent or other proprietary rights and laws.
- While 9.9 Group will make every reasonable effort to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information posted within the TPL program website, the 9.9 Group assumes no responsibility for, and does not guarantee, the accuracy, currency, completeness or usefulness of information in any material about the program. It also does not endorse, oppose or edit any opinions, recommendations or predictions posted by the participants or team members, except that the 9.9 Group may remove or delete what appears to be potentially unlawful content or content otherwise prohibited under these Terms and Conditions.
- Any offers and prize awards made under this program cannot be clubbed with any other offer/promotion/contest run by 9.9 Group, and/or its affiliate brands and subsidiaries.
- The 9.9 Group may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the TPL 2019 program for any reason, including without limitation a breach of these terms and conditions (or any subsequent modifications hereof).